'We're always there in a crisis'
We understand that the most important part of any insurance policy is what happens in the event of a claim. You can be assured that help will be on hand when you really need it and we can guide you through the procedures and what's required by insurers.
Your claim will be dealt with quickly and efficiently by the same person who placed the cover for you.
In the event of an incident this must be notified to us immediately and in accordance with any policy conditions applicable. You can contact us at anytime including outside normal office hours for advice and assistance on your allocated telephone number which will divert to your dedicated contact who will be at Director level. If you are not sure simply call us on 01623 633522.
As a general guide, and in addition to contacting us, the following procedures should be followed in the event of a claim:
- Obtain full details of the incident and make notes for future reference including names, time and date and exact circumstances including any witnesses present
- Under no circumstances should you enter into any negotiations or correspondance with potential claimants as this may prejudice your insurers position
Contractors All Risks Claims
- In the event of a theft the incident should be reported to the Police and you should obtain a crime reference and Police station details
- Insurers will require a list of all items stolen, including their age and condition
- You should obtain replacement estimates from a suitable supplier and also gather as many original purchase receipts as possible and certainly for any expensive items. Cover generally takes into account an element for wear and tear and by providing all of this documentation insurers will be able calculate settlement offers on the correct basis
- In respect of hired in plant claims, a copy of the hire agreement will be required along with full details of the age and condition of the plant